Monday, October 14, 2013

Apple Picking-My First Time!


Would you believe that until this weekend, I have never been apple picking?!  I've gone to pumpkin patches and apple orchards, but never picked apples!  This weekend, we met up at Apple Holler with some family and were able to spend a lovely afternoon there!



They had wagons to rent, which was really nice I might add, as at this point in the season we had to hike a bit to get some of the varieties of apples.  The kids had a great time riding and eating apples along the way.

We were fortunate enough to have been able to pick our apples before the rain came down too hard!  We sat under a canopy and ate lunch and had apple cider doughnut holes and caramel apples.  I can't believe they still had room in their bellies for so much food after eating so many apples!




After we settled down to a warm dinner at home, we were sharing our favorite part of the day-which was apple picking, of course!  I loved hearing the different things that everyone enjoyed from the trip and even found out that Jason had never been apple picking before either!  I love that we can still share first experiences together.



Next up, a pumpkin patch...We need some pumpkins and the kids missed out on all of the themed fun since it rained.  Maybe next weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Would you believe that I picked apples for the very first time last week too. Loved it and hope I get to do it again!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.